From the Kitchen Table to the Global Market & the Importance of Stepping Back to Grow Forward (Season 1 Ep. 3)
On this episode, we chat with Patrice Mousseau, founder and CEO of Satya Organic Skincare. Patrice shares so many intimate details of her early days of creating her product in her crock pot and delivering it to people through her kitchen window to now being in major retailers across Canada, the US and now Asia. We talk a lot about purpose and how Patrice really has leaned into what her greater purpose is over the years which spoiler alert, it’s her daughter and her community. What a beautiful conversation we had with her, we can’t wait for you to be inspired as well.
What can you expect from this episode:
- Patrice shares about her and her journey when she first created her business with her crock-put, Satya Organic Skincare, to solve a problem for her daughter. [2:01]
- Patrice tells us how she launched her company and where she sees her product going. She shines a great light on the beauty of purpose over profit and how going to a Women’s Business Conference really opened her eyes to the world of entrepreneurship that she never knew she would get into before. [7:25]
- She dives into when she knew she was ready to scale her business and her early challenges and learnings through the process. [11:48]
- Patrice talks about the certifications needed for scaling her business and the learning curve challenges. She gets vulnerable about her early failing moments and the importance of taking a step away and coming back with more perspective. [14:13]
- Patrice explains her first experiences hiring employees and what she specifically learned to look for in a team to help support her growing business. [23:25]
- She shares where she sees the legacy of Satya Organics going and her greater purpose to her company that she is building. She speaks her higher truth and the meaning behind her business to model for her daughter. [30:15]
- Mari asks Patrice what it was like and what happened after taking a short break from her business to come back stronger. [32:43]
Recommended resources in this episode:
Where can you find Patrice and Satya Organic:
Found this post helpful?
Subscribe to Her Brand & Co.
Subscribe to our email list so we can send you more blogs, marketing tips, free workshops, masterclasses, and other womenpreneur goodies!