On this episode we chat with Julia Pimsleur, best-selling author, founder and CEO of Million Dollar Women. Million Dollar Women is a New York based social venture that has helped 1000s of women scale up their businesses and in particular, her work is focused on helping women break the 3% ceiling of generating more than 1 million in revenue. Prior to million dollar women, She founded and built Little Pim, the world’s leading language platform for young children, which she also grew to a multi million dollar company.
In this episode, Julia drops so many gems about what it’s going to take for you to break past that $1 million mark, her journey as a recovering perfectionist and how to transfer from being a doer in your business to a real leader. We talk about how to own your genius work and outsource the rest and what it takes to truly have a ‘Go Big’ mindset. Julia is an inspiration to all of us here at HB&C and we’re so excited to have her on the show.
What can you expect from this episode:
- Julia shares her story of when she took the chance with entrepreneurship to find a solution that would grant her the freedom she wanted for her family. She shines light on her experience with stepping out of her comfort zone to understand more about business. [4:13]
- We hear about the early stage learnings of Julia’s first business, Little Pim. She also lets us know what she thinks it really takes to scale a business. [8:48]
- Julia shares her insight about when it might be a good time to outsource and delegate as an early stage business in order for a founder to focus more on scaling their business. [11:13]
- Julia goes into why she thinks failure is important and why female founders should embrace it in order to let go and take risks. She also highlights a simple yet effective technique called T-BEAR when navigating through identity as an entrepreneur. [21:31]
- Lastly, Julia lets us know about the obstacles she faced when getting her second book published and the mindset she channeled to push what she truly believed in to help others on the topic of mindset. [26:10]
Recommended resources in this episode:
Where can you find Julia & Million Dollar Women:
Found this post helpful?
Subscribe to Her Brand & Co.
Subscribe to our email list so we can send you more blogs, marketing tips, free workshops, masterclasses, and other womenpreneur goodies!